Emerging technologies are altering every competitive landscape. At Singularity University, we see these seismic shifts as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value-creation. We help the world's leaders understand and leverage these opportunities to propel themselves forward and address the world's greatest challenges. Learn more at
In this position, you will develop our consumer marketing strategy, including segmentation, targeting, and positioning. Your strategy will amplify demand, drive conversions, and nurture the customer's journey through Singularity University's consumer offerings. You will apply data driven insights and consumer psychology to make deep connections with customers' needs. In collaboration with product managers, you'll create key promotions and campaigns that peers across the marketing organization will help execute. You will be driving revenue both directly and indirectly and play a critical role in building the marketing engine at SU.
* Develop and refine SU's strategy for reaching consumers with our portfolio of conferences, online courses, and executive leadership programs.
* Drive growth in target segments by developing creative, high-impact marketing campaigns that fill the sales pipeline and convert them to customers.
* Collaborate with product managers to define and continuously refine the value proposition for individual programs, and find the most effective positioning.
* Influence the product development roadmap by creating continuous feedback loops that integrate customer feedback, market trends, emerging customer needs, and competitive factors.
* Design integrated marketing plans across owned, paid, and earned media channels - driven by a rationale for why, when, and how each channel should be used.
* Identify and understand key customer segments for consumer programs and their lifecycle journeys.
Our Requirements (we need you to have)
* A bachelor's degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience.
* At least five years in consumer marketing.
About You (we'd like it if you have)
* Experience in B2C marketing for events, SaaS, e-commerce, and/or online education.
* Previous experience creating marketing campaigns for a portfolio of products and audiences, especially those requiring a holistic customer journey.
* Previous positions within global organizations and responsibility for thinking through the product globally, including launching and growing initiatives across multiple regions and distribution channels.
* A love for data and leveraging data to drive marketing decisions.
* Past success leading cross-functional project teams.
* Strong copywriting skills.
* A demonstrable history of success conducting market research, gathering market insights and business intelligence.
* Made pitches to senior executives.
The position's primary work location can be at SU headquarters, Mountain View, CA, or remote within the United States.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
* Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
* A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
* Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
* Unlimited paid time off for all employees.
* 401(k) plan.
* Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
* We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
* We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity's greatest challenges.
* We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
* We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
* We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
* We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
* Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
* We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.